Session 5 : Identifying Target Audiences(Core Session)
This is a core session of the advocacy training curriculum. Identifying the right people and organizations that will help a library reach its advocacy goal is an essential part of the advocacy planning process. This session will discuss the concept of a target audience, and how to identify the right target audiences for a library.
For a full list of curriculum sessions and materials, click here.
- Script : This customizable script discusses target audiences and recommends ways to make the content as relevant as possible. It also includes trainer talking points and suggestions for how to deliver the training and activities you could do.
- PowerPoint Presentation : This PowerPoint provides a visual component to accompany the script and help create an interactive, engaging session. It will help you keep participants’ attention and the session on track.
- Handouts : The handout for Session 5 includes a worksheet on attitudes and perceptions.
- Character Cards : Download sample “character cards”, which use examples of potential target audience members to help participants identify the audiences for their library advocacy.
- Character Card Templates : Download this template for participants to create their own character cards.